Show cool things you have done with our products

Post by Dev_Coppelis »

Hi,
I'm a .NET MVC developer i need example for importing MPP file with .NET

Post by mats »

We don't have the import scripts available in .NET MVC yet, but you can implement this yourself (or you can hire us to do it). It's currently written in Java, and the source code is provided for you to transpile it (should not be hard)

Post by Dev_Coppelis »

Hi,
I used your ASP.NET demo and implemented the script to import MPP file but i'm facing a lot of issues
* dependencies object always empty
* when return data from controller to view the Gantt is empty without any errors or exceptions

so i uploaded the source code to help me.
Source Code Link https://www.cyandh.com/aspnet.rar
Thanks

Post by mats »

This is now supported and will be part of next release. For now see the attached example :)
Attachments
msproject_import_net.zip
(1.09 MiB) Downloaded 341 times

Post by Dev_Coppelis »

Thanks Mats,
it's working fine but i have a question, how to display imported data in advanced view and save it in database?

Post by Maxim Gorkovsky »

Hello,
This should be really simple:
1) First of all setup your app to support load/sync with server. This task is not related to import, check our docs for guidance
2) Copy app/data/ux/Importer plugin to your app. You will need it to process data imported from MPP
3) Use that plugin in your gantt panel
4) Copy view/ux/MSImportPanel widget to your demo and add it somewhere on page
5) Update you server so it could process POST request from client with MPP attached

That should do the trick.

Post by Dev_Coppelis »

Hello,
i did all above steps and got this error
ext-all.js:20 Uncaught (in promise) Error: Invalid time axis configuration or filter, please check your input data.
at new Ext.Error (ext-all.js:20)
at Function.raise (ext-all.js:20)
at constructor.reconfigure (gnt-all-debug.js?ver=5.1.5:1794)
at constructor.setViewPreset (gnt-all-debug.js?ver=5.1.5:1794)
at constructor.initComponent (gnt-all-debug.js?ver=5.1.5:1794)
at constructor.callParent (ext-all.js:20)
at constructor.initComponent (gnt-all-debug.js?ver=5.1.5:1794)
at constructor.initComponent (ext-all.js:20)

this error happen after import MPP file and return the result to advanced view

Post by Maxim Gorkovsky »

This issue occurs when time axis is empty. Make sure you provide proper dates for gantt.

Post by Dev_Coppelis »

I already provide dates for gantt but still have same problem, i think the problem is in the Gantt.js and MSProjectGantt.js
Last edited by Dev_Coppelis on Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Dev_Coppelis »

I have used the asp.net advanced demo from your last release and it working good standalone, and used the msproject_import_net.zip and its working good standalone.
Now i need to use the all functions in first solution and second solution in one view as one component