Get help with testing, discuss unit testing strategies etc.

Post by Hakim »

one more question: Here is the UI I could see from the generated index.html :Image.

However, I need see my files names similar to the one in the image I sent previously. How does that work?

Post by nickolay »

Do you combine the application files into single bundle? If so, might need to either use some development mode, in which the application files are loaded on-demand. Or, you can pre-instrument source files before bundling.

Post by Hakim »

I ran the cmd below, but the index.html comes empty.
siesta-5.3.1-standard/bin/webdriver localhost:1841/myApp/test/Siesta/test.html --include UT --coverage-report-format=HTML --coverage-report-dir /Siesta/Report --nyc.instrument=false

Post by nickolay »

You mean the `/Siesta/Repor/index.html` file has size of 0?

Post by Hakim »

Ah, not with size of zero.
Here is the scenario: Image

Post by nickolay »

But previously you received some results in it?

Do you combine the application files into single bundle? If so, might need to either use some development mode, in which the application files are loaded on-demand. Or, you can pre-instrument source files before bundling.

Also read about the --nyc.include option in the https://www.bryntum.com/docs/siesta/#!/guide/code_coverage - it controls what files are instrumented.

Post by Hakim »

the app files are combined into a single bundle! okay, here is the part I am confused about.
use some development mode, in which the application files are loaded on-demand. Or, you can pre-instrument source files before bundling.
I could not understand
pre-instrument source files
or
usage of development mode

Post by nickolay »

The development mode is a mode that is common for the ExtJS app - in that mode application loads from individual files, not from the bundle. If you don't have it, the only option would be to pre-instrument the sources.

See the "Pre-instrumenting the source code" section in the code coverage guide.